Sunday, January 6, 2013

Life Isn't Just About Me (Or Us)

With almost half a year of marriage and teacher under my belt, I've been able to take a great deal of the past couple of weeks (Christmas Break!) to reflect on what the past 6 months has held. While marriage has been exciting and blissful and everything I hoped that it would be, I have to admit that life has not necessarily been everything that it should have been. You see, through no one's fault but my own, I have been quite selfish and self-centered, which many would probably agree is to be expected when starting life as I have been doing in the past several months. Nonetheless, I have refocused a bit and hope to be able to share my new found focus and direction through this outlet. All to say that God is gently reminding me that life is not just all about me (or even us, my husband and I). There really is more to life than supporting myself, encouraging my husband, and teaching my students. Essentially through the encouragement of others, I have realized (and remembered) that God really does have an even greater calling for my life than all of those (awesome, wonderful) things! As such, while planning, organizing, teaching, and simply living (haha) is keeping me quite busy at this point, I hope (intend, plan...) to be able to share weekly (or possibly monthly) insights via blog. (Bear with me, as I am just venturing into the "blog world" and don't know all the ins and outs yet...)

So, hear goes for week one. My focus verse for this month comes from Proverbs 4:20b-22, ""Listen carefully to my words. Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart; for they bring life to those who find them, and health to their whole body." Proverbs 4:20b-22 (NLT). Like I previously mentioned, through the encouragement of others as well as personal study, God has been reminding me that He wants more for me, He wants me to be sharing with others as well as allowing his word to be seeping into my heart and life. So, I am taking the "new year" as a new opportunity to renew my previous endeavors to encourage others as well as to reaffirm my personal relationship with God. I intend to use this verse as a focus of my time, my work, my life, making it focused and centered on God and his word first. 

Please join me in posting this verse in my home, my classroom, and my heart! Much love!
--Leesha

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leesha! Great beginning to a blog. My suggestion is solely technical. I would suggest changing your text body to something more readable. Titles and such are fine to be fun fonts, but pick something more standardized for the body of an entry. refer to Good fonts for online reading: http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Font_readability

    I'm looking forward to following your updates!

    ReplyDelete